Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

It Ain`t Braggin` When You`re Good (So I Guess I`m Braggin`)

The American Thinker has published another of my articles, this one about the need to keep our political victories in perspective. I run through a quick history of Liberalism and point out that the war for the soul of our civilization has been fought for a long time, and will continue in the forseeable future. Let`s not get cocky, troops!

Go to http://americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=4097 if you want to check it out.

I would like to give my heartfelt thanks to Thomas Lifson, Editor of the American Thinker for publishing my article. The Thinker is a terrific intellectually oriented conservative magazine with great writing and thought-provoking viewpoints. If any of you (my 3-5 fans) haven`t checked it out yet you should do so; it is one of the best out there.

|

3 Comments:

Blogger Aussiegirl said...

Tim -- what can I say in my inarticulate way but -- WOW!! What a lolapalooza of an article. I always learn so much by reading your stuff. You are an amazing font of knowledge and history and you've put it all together so beautifully. You know the writing is great when you find yourself saying "Exactly!! I've always felt that but been unable to put my finger on exactly how to say it."

I'm telling you now, someday I am going to be able to say "I knew him when." Mark my words. Thanks for a wonderful read. I'm going to have to reread it several times to cement all the history in my mind.

It is a religion, no doubt. And the left are rabidly supporting the Muslims and all the anti-democratic forces right now because they are allying themselves with America's enemies. Because the left -- which is what I call it -- sees America as the only thing which is standing in the way between them and eventual world domination. As you said, those who think communism is dead don't realize it has morphed into a number of different forms. You'll notice that the only naysayers and critics of the democracy movement in Ukraine recently have been the usual suspects in the Guardian and now even some of the leftist outlets and commentators in this country. They are on Putin's side and decry the recent breaking away of the former Soviet states. And their methods are just the same as they used against Bush. Personal attacks. Insulting and condescending smears. Belittling comments. Accusations of an American conspiracy to influence the elections (as if that would be a bad thing), etc. etc.

Eternal vigilance is right. How did you ever come to this sort of consciousness about the dangers of the left without having a background like mine is amazing to me. I thought only people who were familiar with the horrors of communism truly understood its dangers. Thanks again for a wonderful article. You should be really proud.

9:04 PM  
Blogger MachiasPrivateer said...

Hi Brother- I'm another contributor to The American Thinker. Really liked your Kyoto post. I started an atmospheric physics thread on my own blog, but got diverted into other things. I'll add you to my favorites. I know what it's like to write and get no feedback. (Maybe now I should do atmospheric physics 4?) As to the content of your post, Right On Dude!!

6:48 AM  
Blogger James Beam said...

Clear, concise, and therefore powerful. Good work.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com