Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Political Poetry

I entered these poems in a contest in the Edge City Review back in October. ECR still hasn`t coughed up the results, and the election is getting too far off to really appreciate these poems so I decided to post them here.

A Kerryhue

John F. Kerry
doesn`t mind if two gentlemen marry
and there are things he would like to erase
like what springs from both sides of his face!

The Kerry Patch

They love their Man with orange tan
that botox`d boy from Liberal Land
the Kerry Kool-aid drinking Klan
they love their Man John Kerry!

Their Jewish/Irish/Frankish friend
he never breaks but he sure can bend
and votes he makes he will amend
the politician Kerry!

John Kerry, John Kerry
for money he did marry.
He`s out of wack about Iraq
and answers not our query!

He straddles nearly every horse
(when the money`s gone he`ll just divorce)
he can`t committ to any course
that rock of strength John Kerry!

He stabs our allies in the back
with snidely jabs and nasty cracks
and plays it loose with all his facts
that genius John F. Kerry!

John Kerry, John Kerry
his brain is light and airy.
He feigns a dance to hide his stance
and, boy, the guy is dreary!

The Swiftboat Vets sure hate the deal
with ``hero`` Kerry at the wheel!
Three Purple Hearts (those papercuts healed)
the great Warhero Kerry!

He`ll defend us all with rubber bands
depend on troops from foreign lands
and give in to all U.N. demands
our fearless leader Kerry!

John Kerry, John Kerry
he trashed his friends unfairly.
He preys on fears for his career
and hopes we forget early!

This guy`s more boring than Bob Dole
a left-wing granite jawed beanpole
with hot air snoring out his hole
the dynamic John F. Kerry!

Who could vote for such a dude
so full of snit, and very rude
whose meager wit the truth eludes.
We can`t afford John Kerry!

John Kerry, John Kerry
we can`t afford John Kerry!
A foolish man without a plan
don`t vote for John F. Kerry!


A Man of Peace (Ode To The Anti-War Activist)

I am a Man of Peace
wars I would ban, all fighting would cease
brotherhood and love from me in measures untold.
I do what I can for this treasure`s increase!

I stand on what`s true (though the truth I must mold)
virtuous through, and, in truth, oh-so-bold!
In all that I do a true virtuous King!
A world that is new in my hands I must hold.

To oppose me is sin-I detest such a thing!
Your loss is my win; joyous song will I sing!
Should America stumble, or perhaps even fall
from my throat hear the rumble of triumph it bring!

In my quest I may stagger but always stand tall
in my zeast I may swagger and curse at you all.
I`ll rant at your soldier and spit on his grave.
In my breast I grow bolder, I stand strong like a wall.

I never grow older-that`s a pit for a slave!
By bit the bell`s tolling; your soul I would save.
My bitter seed`s sewing, there`s blood on my hands
the terrorists rolling, their courage I gave!

My hatred is growing to flood cross our land
delight at the flowing of blood in the sand.
May death in Iraq rain down without cease!
The frightful wind blowing from Satan`s dark hand
to America`s pain may it add with increase!

As I have told you,
I am a Man of Peace!


and one more for our liberal friends!

The Liberal

Close your eyes, shut your ears
hide your fears behind your lies.
You despise what shows behind the mirrors
so go the years until you die.

Hide your fears behind your lies
when doubts arise through your veneer.
So go the years until you die.
Truth defies the things you hear.

When doubts arise through your veneer
you grow severe in your replies.
Truth defies the things you hear
still you draw near to your alibis.

You grow severe in your replies;
you despise what shows behind the mirrors.
Still you draw near to your alibis
close your eyes, shut your ears.

|

1 Comments:

Blogger Aussiegirl said...

Wonderful poems here!! Funny, funny.

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. The ones you commented on were actually written by my excellent co-contributor on UT, BonnieBlueFlag, who hails from your neck of the woods.

I know what you mean about feeling kind of lonely wondering if anyone is reading. Well, you have at least one faithful reader here, and no doubt will be picking up many more.

I'm glad to see you are still posting excellent commentary here.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com