Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Service With A Smile

Many thanks to Dave for e-mailing this. It does borderline on good taste, but what the heck!


At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service... the act of doing things for other people." Then I heard the terms:Internal Revenue ServicePostal ServiceTelephone ServiceCivil ServiceCity/County Public ServiceCustomer ServiceService StationsAnd I became confused about the word "service." This is not what I thought "service" meant.Then today, I overheard two farmers talking and one of them mentioned that he was having a bull over to "service" a few of his cows.SHAZAM!It all came into perspective. Now I understand what all those "service" agencies are doing to us.Have a wonderful day and I hope you are now as enlightened as I am.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com