Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Barbarian Invasions Fallout

This was a letter to the Editor at the American Thinker about Barbarian Invasions. I have included my response:


Dear Editor,



Timothy Bidenow's column on the Invasion of the United States by illegal aliens is a well-written column but makes a terrible mistake in quoting the left-wing Pew Center Poll, estimating that 12 million illegal aliens reside now in the U.S. The true figure is over 20 million, something that neither the Pew Center or The White House want to admit to.



I suggest Mr. Bidenow consult the now famous investment firm Bear Sterns' Report. They said, in a report titled "The Underground Labor Force is Rising to the Surface," issued on Jan. 3, researchers Robert Justich and Betty Ng, conclude that the illegal alien population of the U.S. is about 20 million people—roughly the equivalent of the population of New York State—more than double the official government estimates of about 9 million." This was at the beginning of the year. Given that 3 million illegals invaded the U.S. last year, that figure is now closer to 23 million--DOUBLE the figure that Mr. Bidenow cites from the Pew Center.



The only reason I bring this up is, if the U.S. public clearly understood the true figure of illegals here, there would be an outcry that would force the Bush administration to close the Southern Border, begin fining all businesses hiring illegals and begin deportations immediately.



Until people on the anti-illegal, anti-Invasion side start screaming for and demanding deportations, we are lost. Closing the Border will only solve the future from being worse. But the deportations must begin from WITHIN the country if we are to get that migration chain going BACK to Mexico. At the Border, we will need to convince Mexico to take back it's people. And that will require Bush to get tough with Fox, something he's steadfastly refused to do.



Sincerely,



David Levin




Dear Mr. Levin,

Thank you for the comments on my article on illegal immigration. It`s good to know my work has been read and appreciated!

I definitely agree that the numbers are much higher than those which I used in my article. I purposely used the PEW numbers because I wanted my argument to be unassailable from a factual perspective. As it was, I disregarded the Census Bureau numbers because I knew for certain that those numbers were WAY too low, but I wanted to use statistics which even the left could not dispute. Had they been able to disagree with my statistics they would have been able to sidestep the heart of the argument. As things stand, their own statistics are very damning.

I agree with you that this is far worse than even I made it sounds (and I`m talking about a cultural collapse). We have GOT to deport the illegals!

Thanks for the heads-up on the Bear-Sterns report, and thanks for the comments! If you would like, check out my blog and post or e-mail me, and I`ll try to post what you say! My blogs address is www.tbirdblog.blogspot.com.

Best,

Tim Birdnow

|

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Morrison said...

Why are you so polite to someone who can't even spell your name right?
Seriously, Tom, you should tell the guy where to get off.

4:16 AM  
Blogger Timothy Birdnow said...

It`s o.k., Michael; he wrote and apologized for the misspelling. If I took offense at everyone who misspelled or mispronounced my name I would have a VERY small conversational group!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Michael Morrison said...

Uh, Tom, maybe you oughta take a second look at my previous post.
Seriously?
MM

11:18 AM  
Blogger Timothy Birdnow said...

And that goes for you, too, Michell!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com