Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Friday, November 11, 2005

Happy Birdthday to Birdblog

Today marks the anniversary of the founding of Birdblog! `Twas one year ago this very day that I planted the seeds which would grow into this wild, unpruned vine. It has been quite a party, and I`ve enjoyed it immensely. The best part has been meeting all of you, my good friends and loyal readers.

When I started Birdblog I didn`t expect any of this; I had assumed that a few personal friends and relatives would check it out, and I have been amazed at the response from all of you over the year! I am truly blessed to have a circle of such intelligent readers and friends! It was far more than I had hoped!

That`s why I want to thank each and every one of you for your friendship and support. I am honored by the confidence you have shown in me, and it is truly a privilege to discuss my views with all of you because you are such a sharp bunch. I am always amazed at the level of intelligence and wisdom displayed by you, my regular readers and friends. I want to offer my heartfelt thanks!

I want to offer special thanks to Aussiegirl, my very first fan, without whom I would probably have quit after my first week of blogging. Thanks for all of your kindness and encouragement, Aussiegirl!

The future awaits! Let us forge ahead-together!

|

9 Comments:

Blogger Michael Morrison said...

Happy Anniversary!
You have the birthday, and we get the presence.
Thanks for what you do, Timothy.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Alnot said...

Your writing deserves to be read. May you find us good companions on the journey.

BTW I have been sick with the flu while being in backyard, pool and patio cleanup and repair mode. Now if I can just get a Ruth Buzzy type to come over and visit my newly desighned and built park benches. I will make a suggestive suggestion and she can whop me with her purse into a coma. I could use the rest.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Timothy Birdnow said...

Thanks, Michael!

I hope you feel better soon, Al!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy First Anniversary, Tim! Your blog and Aussiegirl's blog are the very first ones I visit before I start my daily surfing of the blogosphere. You always find very interesting articles to comment on, and your comments are usually extensive and well thought out. I've learned a lot from reading Birdblog, and I hope you continue with even more enthusiasm into your second...and how many beyond?...year.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Aussiegirl said...

Happy Anniversary to Birdblog, Tim!!! Many happy returns of the day -- and I'm not quite sure whether you can count that as a curse or a blessing.

I can't even begin to enumerate the countless issues you have educated me on, from history to global warming to evolution and Darwinism. That is when you are not pointing out the idiocies of our political process and lending your wit and knowledge to any number of topics.

We are all the wiser for reading and enjoying Birdblog. And that's not even mentioning your poems and your delightful descriptions of your misadventures at that house of horrors you choose to euphemistically refer to as your "country getaway". Well, we have enjoyed the ride, yellowjacket attacks and all.

As for my encouragement, let us just say that it was a dual folly that we engaged in and one in which we both encouraged each other. I wouldn't have hung in there either, except for the fact that if you were willing to endure the agony, then how could I abandon mine.

So -- perhaps we shall name our blogs, the Agony and the Ecstasy, and we'll leave it to our readers to figure out which one it is on any given day.

Congratulations and keep up the brilliant writing, wit and endless flow of fascinating information!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary, Tim. Yours in one of the blogs I check every day. I enjoy your wit and intelligent commentary.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Timothy Birdnow said...

Thanks guys! I am truly honored to have such a great bunch of friends and readers!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Pindar! I`m always glad to hear from you; you always have such a clear view of things! Thanks!

Aussiegirl, you have taught me so much, and have been a true friend. I can`t thank you enough!

Morris, I am honored to have your respect! Yours is also one of my favorite blogs, and a daily read!

Bonnie Blue, you`ve got me blushing; Aw shucks! Thanks for all of your kindness, and thanks for the wonderful comments you leave here, and thanks for the great pieces at BBF and UT; I`ve learned a great deal from you!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Timothy Birdnow said...

And to Michael and Alnot, thanks again!

Michael, I always like hearing from you; you are SO smart, and always have a well thought out viewpoint. Thanks!

What can I say, Al? You`ve been a great reader and good friend to this blog, and I am honored in the confidence you`ve repeatedly shown in me. It`s an honor and a priveledge to have you as a reader!

It`s an honor and a priveledge to have you all as readers; This has to be the sharpest bunch on the web!

Thanks to one and all!

5:11 AM  
Blogger Attila said...

Congratulations, Tim!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com