Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Friday, March 02, 2007

An Elegant Weekend Getaway

Spring has sprung (or a reasonable facsimilie thereof) and my cabin roof has done likewise. The grand summer mansion has spent three years with tarps standing bravely between myself and the elements, and I fear they have given up the ghost; they have been leaking as badly as George Bush`s CIA and I decided the time has come to put a real roof over my head. Unfortunately, the weather will be too cold to take a shower, and my bucket may have ice frozen into it! My plumbing should be fine, although one of the cinder blocks on which I place my toilet seat has cracked and will probably need to be replaced. That`s o.k.; I don`t intend on spending much time outside on that thing anyway! Hopefully the mice and squirrels haven`t torn too many things up inside...

I`ll be back on Sunday with, hopefully, a fresh outlook on life-although I may have a broken leg, bad back, or other calamitous souvenier of my little weekend getaway.
I`ll keep everyone posted.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com