Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Thursday, March 02, 2006

He-Man Fishing Trip

I`m heading down to Arkansas to trout fish on the North Fork river for a few days, so there won`t be anything posted until monday. (Not only will I get some much-needed rest, but I`ll be able to let my tendonitis heal.) I love these trips; if it ain`t fried, we don`t eat it, and any beverage consumed had better contain the products of fermentation. This is a trip where men are men, and women are glad of it! (Well, mostly they`re glad we`re gone.) Hopefully, I`ll have a few good yarns to spin for you when I get back!

If I find the Rose Law Firm billing records anywhere along the river, you`ll be the first to know!

|

4 Comments:

Blogger jeffox said...

Actually, if u find any walleyes, let me know. :)
Best of luck to u on your trip, Tim.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Michael Morrison said...

I still remember my first auto trip through Arkansas, way back in ... well, we did have automobiles, but it was a while back.
In them days, in fact, the Arkie state motto was "Land of Opportunity."
I remember looking around and thinking, "Yeah. That means nowhere to go but up."
Maybe there are still some fish to catch, though.
Good luck, Tim.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Aussiegirl said...

I hope you left the kitties safe and sound at home, although they'd probably enjoy some of that fish. MMmm -- sounds tasty - but I'll eat mine in a restaurant, thanks! Have fun!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Timothy Birdnow said...

Actually, Jeff, there are supposed to be Walleye in that river, but I can`t say I`ve seen any. Thanks!

Michael, truer words were never spoken!

Aussie, sadly, my kitties did not accompany me. I tried to feed some to Blackberry last year, but he only likes his dry crunchy food (or cumbs and lint we sweep off of the floor!) Unfortunately, Goccia didn`t get to try any trout because I didn`t catch enough to bring home this year.

Deep fried trout is one of God`s great gifts to Man.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com