Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Candidate Birdnow`s Election Day

I have done my civic duty, and now matters are in the hands of the Almighty and the American people.

The new system of voting is going to lead to lawsuits-no question about it. You had a choice between using a touch-screen or coloring ovals for an optical reader. Most opted for the optical, because the touchscreens had too long a wait. The optical ballot (which is what I opted for) has problems because you cannot keep your vote secret from anyone else sitting in the room who chooses to peek, and many of the (largely Democratic) voters present were complaining about how complicated the proceedure was. We have a lawsuit in the making!

My wife has been working for a survey company for a couple of months, and this company does a good deal of work for the Democrats, so the Party assumed she was one of their own; she received a packet reserved for the Party faithful, was given the secret handshake, and was moved to the front of the voting line, where she was given a half-dozen ballots. Little did they know...

I wrote in my name for State Rep, since the Democrat was unopposed. My victory party will run through the night; anyone who would like to attend feel free to come. Election Central will have the idiot box running all night. Please BYOB.

Have a happy election day!

Tim

|

1 Comments:

Blogger William Zeranski said...

Today, I became a write-in candidate as well, and by the end of the day, I will have three votes under my belt, which will include my mother, my wife and, of course, mine!

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com