Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Friday, April 06, 2007

A Masterful Diplomatic Effort

I was perhaps a bit too hard on the British handling of the hostage crisis; in terms of diplomatic style they did quite well. The quick release of the hostages suggests that Tony Blair`s government quietly threatened them with something they did not want, and their quick response suggests some sort of deadline. It was a masterful diplomatic effort, and I tip my hat to them.

It was especially pleasing to see the United States was not dragged into the whole affair, although I don`t like letting this opportunity pass, since I fear we are fiddling while Tehran`s U238 is burning. Time is not on our side-either from a military perspective or a political one. If we are to act, we cannot afford to wait until the `08 elections; we could have a President Mrs. Clinton or Ouidas Grande Obama-both unserious people who will allow the situation to spiral out of control. A nuclear Iran will use those weapons in some capacity against us, and I am none-to-sure we will respond in kind even if nuked. America just ain`t what it used to be...

I can`t imagine George Bush has been doing nothing; I wish I knew what he has planned.

|

3 Comments:

Blogger Travel. Snap. said...

Yes I agree. Tony Blair dealt with situation well. He achieved a result in a diplomatic fashion.

3:03 PM  
Blogger BobG said...

Tim, Ihave nominated you for the "thinking blogger" Award. http://palominas.blogspot.com/2007/04/thinking-blogger-award.html

5:54 AM  
Blogger Timothy Birdnow said...

Thanks for stopping by, Neil!

A hearty ``thank you``, Bob! I`ll endeavor to earn your kind faith in me!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com