Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Roofing Triumph

I have returned from the wilderness, dry and Hanta-free! (Notice I got it right this time, GM!)In fact, I don`t even believe I caught Lyme`s Disease, Plague, or any other such illness while I was away. Now, Bird-flu or Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever...

At any rate, my cabin roof worked wonderfully; we had a torrential downpour and one tiny drip appeared-not from the roof but from gap where the wall meets the ceiling that I had feared would give me trouble. I sealed this tiny leak, and the cabin remained dry as a bone! As a wise guy, uh, man once said ``nothing succeeds like success`` and it cannot be denied that this titanic overstatement of the obvious is still true. My meager construction skills have succeeded in creating a place that stays dry in a heavy downpour! Now, if my foundation would quit settling (my floor is developing a disturbing slant) I could die from whatever horrible illness that may strike a happy man!

Oh, after midnight the skies cleared and it was an absolutely beautiful night!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com