Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

Bush`s Border Coverup

(Here is another blockbuster from Aussiegirl at Ultima Thule)

Apparently the Bush Administration is restricting Congressional investigation of border security, tracking any Member of Congress who visits the Border Patrol and only allowing them to speak with border personnel under supervised conditions.

This is a seperation of powers issue; Congress has the right to investigate conditions along the border, and the President does not have the right to hinder or impede them in any way.

What is it that the President does not want Congress to learn?

|

2 Comments:

Blogger Aussiegirl said...

Thanks for the link -- I think this is outrageous! (Bush's policy - not your linking to me :-)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

When I first voted for GWB in 2000, I knew that he was soft on immigration; my best friend in Texas told me that his soft policy toward illegal immigrants was GWB's weakest point. After 9/11, I expected our President to toughen up on border policy. He hasn't!

Why this reticence from him about the investigation of border security? I don't get it!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com